Using this website
At St. Jude and St. John Ogilvie’s we recognise the importance of providing a website that is accessible by all users. As such we have made every effort to ensure that this site can be easily used by everyone.
If you have any difficulty in accessing any part of this site, or are aware of anything that may improve the accessibility of this site, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
To ensure this site is as accessible as possible we have tried to adhere to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines on http://www.w3.org/WAI.
Adherence to the following standards should ensure the best use of our site by all of our visitors.
Headings and navigation menus
HTML heading tags are used to convey document structure. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles etc.
Navigation menus are also offered as HTML links at the bottom of each page. This ensures that the links in the list can be read out and skipped easily.
All images used in this site include descriptive alt tag attributes.
The site's font and background colour combinations contrast significantly.
Most of the font sizes used on this site are re-sizable. This means you can change the font size to make it either larger or smaller by changing the settings on the ‘View’ menu on your Internet Browser Menu Bar (the set of words in the second row in your Internet screen). Click on ‘View’, then ‘Text Size’ then ‘Largest’.
This site uses cascading style sheets for all visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all you can apply your own stylesheet onto this website.
- If you use Internet Explorer;
- select Tools, then Internet Options, then Accessibility,
- next click on any or all 3 checkboxes to ignore colours, font styles or font sizes,
- in the same window you can change your style sheet by clicking the checkbox that says, 'format document using my style sheet' then browse to your style sheet and click OK.
- If you use Netscape;
- select Tools, then Options and then General,
- select fonts and colors and you will be given the choice to specify your own colours and fonts.